Here we go with recipe #5. Banana bread is such a nostalgic dish isn’t it? I feel like most people, at one point or another during their childhood, were served banana bread by Mom. Its a simple dish but so incredibly yummy. This version is just as good as the one you remember, but its gluten-free, refined sugar-free and lactose-free.
Buckwheat Cinnamon Honey Banana Bread
2 ripe bananas, mashed
¼ coconut milk
¼ cup of honey
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 cup of buckwheat flour
2 tablespoons of cinnamon
½ teaspoon of baking powder
1 heaping tablespoon of sunflower butter
1 heaping tablespoon of Greek yogurt
½ cup of chocolate chips (*optional) (adding this does add a tad bit of refined sugar to the recipe)
- Stir together the mashed bananas and the egg in a medium sized bowl.
- Add in the coconut milk, honey and vanilla, stirring gently to combine all ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine the buckwheat flour, cinnamon and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl of wet ingredients. Mix well to combine so there are no dry lumps. Stir in the spoonful of sunflower butter.
- Finally, stir in the Greek yogurt.
- Mix well until all ingredients are well combined.
- Lastly, stir in the chocolate chips if you so desire.
- Pour the batter into a well-greased loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees f/175 degrees C for 35-40 minutes. Once a knife is inserted into the middle and comes out clean, you are safe to take out the bread. The smell of bananas and cinnamon will have filled your kitchen by now!
- Let the bread cool for 10-15 minutes in the pan.
- I love to eat a slice of this with butter smeared on top. Super delicious. It’s just as good when warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!!!
The banana bread can be stored for up to 2 days (possibly 3 but that might be pushing it. This particular recipe spoils fast) in an airtight Tupperware container at room temperature.