Recipe #3!!! This would be the perfect accompaniment to most of my pancake recipes (stay tuned for more of those). It would also be excellent peaked atop a slice of pumpkin pie, pecan pie, any pie really. It would be delicious heaped on a pile of the pumpkin lavender pancakes, the recipe for which I posted prior to this one (hint, hint). A spoonful on top of a slice of chocolate cake would be absolutely delectable. The lavender paired with the richness of the chocolate would be outstanding. You get the idea.
This recipe can be use atop lots of things as a stellar finishing touch and surprising flavor addition. The process may sound slightly complicated. Its not. You hardly do anything at all aside from the five minutes of whipping the cream. A piece of cake.
This recipe is refined sugar-free.
Lavender Honey Whipped Cream
2 cups of heavy cream
2 tsp dried lavender buds
1.5 tbsp. of honey
1 tsp vanilla
- Place the heavy cream and lavender in a small saucepan. Heat until it barely begins to boil. Remove from heat, cover, and let steep (aka sit) for 30 minutes.
- Pour the infused cream through a mesh strainer to remove the herb pieces from mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate 6-8 hours (or overnight).
- The next day, mix in the honey and vanilla. Then whip the cold cream until soft peaks form (either by hand with a large whisk or with electric mixer on medium speed- NOT high). Do not over-beat. Count on roughly 5 minutes total of beating the cream until it’s finished. You will know when it’s finished as cream will begin to thicken and will form soft peaks.
- Put back into the fridge, covered, until ready to use. Cream will firm up further as it chills.
Servings: roughly 6-8
Can store in the fridge, covered, for 2-3 days.