Calling all chocoholics! Who ever heard of delicious brownies without all the refined sugar? I have. And I made them especially for you 😉
These guys (recipe #37) are not only refined sugar-free, they are also lactose-free, totally tasty and chocolatey.
½ cup unsalted butter, melted
1 tablespoon oil (olive oil or coconut oil are fine)
1⅛ cup coconut/palm sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 175°C | 350°F.
- Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking oil spray.
- Combine melted butter, oil and coconut sugar together in a medium-sized bowl. Add the eggs and vanilla; beat until lighter in color.
- Add flour and cocoa powder, gently stirring the dry ingredients through the wet until JUST combined (do not over beat as doing so well affect the texture of your brownies).
- Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing the top out evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the center of the brownies in the pan no longer jiggles and is just set to the touch (the brownies will keep baking in the hot pan out of the oven). If testing with a toothpick, the toothpick should come out dirty for fudge-textured brownies.
Remove and allow to cool to room temperature before slicing into 16 brownies.
These can be stored in an airtight container for up to 4 days.