This recipe (#39) is a super cinch and yet, it remains one of my tried and true favorites. Its surprisingly filling and just satisfying. You can throw on some bacon or prosciutto if you like, which I do on occasion. This bumps the dish up a notch making it even more mouthwatering. To my knowledge, there is nothing that bacon ever tastes bad on. Am I right?
1 sweet potato (any size, you choose), cooked.
Salad greens (I like arugula and spinach)
Red onion, chopped
2 eggs, fried (do this at the very end)
Bacon, cooked (if you so desire it, but this is optional)
- Cook the sweet potato first. To do this, pierce all over the surface of the potato with a fork. Then microwave for 4-5 minutes. Check the potato by pushing a fork into the skin. Potato is done when the fork slides into its surface easily. If its still hard to push the fork in, microwave for 2-5 more minutes, depending on the size of the potato.
- Meanwhile, cook the chopped onion and salad greens on medium-low heat in a frying pan for 3-4 minutes.
- When sweet potato is done, slice it up however you like and place in a bowl. I personally leave the skin on because that’s where LOADS of good-for-your-body vitamins can be found. Dump the lightly cooked greens and onion onto the sweet potato.
- If you chose to make bacon or use prosciutto, you can add this on top of the sweet potato/greens/onion mixture now.
- Finally, crack two eggs into the lightly greased frying pan. Cook on medium heat until the whites are solid, no longer translucent. Slide the eggs out of the pan and onto your finished sweet potato dish.
- Mix all together and enjoy.
You will be surprised. MAJORLY yummy, filling and really healthy. This has become one of my go-to dishes when I am hungry, want to eat healthy, and am dying to be chowing down quickly. I make sure to always have 2-3 sweet potatoes, half a dozen eggs and a bag of greens in my kitchen at any given time.