Recipe #47 is a pretty free-form one that can be easily thrown together. Its SUPER healthy for you, low in calories and fat, bursting with good-for-your-body ingredients, and it tastes AWESOME. This is one of my go-to dishes when trying to eat light and healthy. I recommend when making the quinoa, cook 2x what you need. You can store the extra in a container in the fridge and throw together one of these bowls way quicker within the next few days, whenever you wish. This dish is gluten-free, lactose-free and sugar-free. And its pretty dang close to being raw as well, aside from the cooking of the quinoa. I think you will be pleasantly surprised by how tasty it is. Dont say I didn’t want you. It sounds simple but man oh man. I make this a few times a week and am always thrilled when I sit down to eat it.
1 cup of Quinoa, cooked (use instructions on the package. This takes about 20 minutes to cook. Just combine with water and boil on the stove. No fuss, very easy).
1 small sweet potato, cooked (to do this, pierce the potato all over its surface with a fork. Microwave on medium high for 4 minutes. If fork sinks into its surface easily, potato is done. If not, microwave for a few minutes longer).
Sliced red onion (as much as you like)
1/2 an avocado
Greens (I like spinach or arugula)
Sun dried tomatoes, halved.
1 fried egg
I keep my ingredients as raw as possible, trying not to cook them much if I dont have to. This preserves the nutrients within.
- Once quinoa is cooked, spoon some into a bowl (about 1 cup).
- Slice the sweet potato into chunks and add to bowl of quinoa.
- Stir in the greens, red onion, avocado and sun dried tomatoes.
- Finally, fry your egg in y small frying pan on medium heat (lightly grease your pan with butter or coconut oil). Once the white of the egg is solid, no longer translucent, its done. Place the egg on top of the quinoa bowl mixture.
- Stir everything together and DEVOUR!
This makes for a really filling but incredibly healthy dish. It will keep you satisfied for hours, and as mentioned, everything in here is awesome for your health and body.