Happy Saturday, Everyone!
I have a recipe for you that hits all the major checkmarks of an awesome dish. Ready for it? This one takes less then five minutes to make, its gluten-free, sugar-free, lactose-free, raw, AND mouthwateringly yummy. I bet I have your attention now. Oh, the cherry on top: only five items needed to make it.
-Almond flour (essentially just almonds, ground to a fine powder)
-Mango, chopped into bite sized pieces
-Ginger or Nutmeg (optional)
I imagine many of you might be wondering, uhhhhh, just what the heck is Ghee? Otherwise known as clarified butter but yes, the name on the package is Ghee. Its supposed to be awesome for you. Much better than butter or even butter imitations. Here is an article listing several health benefits of ghee. Its worth buying a package, as you can use it for all your cooking and baking.
Now, for the recipe.
- Place the chopped mango in a nonstick baking pan or dish. You can lightly grease the bottom with some, you guessed it, ghee.
- Now scoop a couple small spoonful’s of ghee into the mango mixture.
- Sprinkle some of the almond flour on top. Stir well to get a light coating of the almond meal on all of the mango. The almond meal might help break up the ghee as well.
- Sprinkle on as much cinnamon as you like, stirring well each time to distribute evenly.
- Finally, I pour one or two capfuls of vanilla extract on the mango mixture, stirring well to distribute.
Pop this puppy in the oven at about 350 degrees F/170 degrees C for 15 minutes or so.
Viola! You have a delightful dessert or snack. AWESOME for your health, absolutely delicious, lightly sweet naturally, man oh man. I am hooked.