Have I got a fun little (almost) Friday recipe for you. Just seven ingredients for this nourishing, oh-so-yum banana bread. The recipe is lactose-free and almost refined sugar-free (save for the chocolate chips).
Here are the magical seven needed:
-4 medium, ripe bananas, mashed
-1 cup of coconut milk (The solid part that comes in a can. Open a can of creamy coconut milk. On top will be a white, solid layer. Use that :-). None of the water underneath).
-1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
-1.5 cup of whole wheat flour, OR, 1 cup of whole wheat flour and 1/2 cup of buckwheat flour. Your choice of which combination.
-2 teaspoons of baking powder
-A couple handfuls of bittersweet chocolate chips
Honey, for serving (optional, though its the way to go).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F/176 degrees C. Lightly grease a loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the mashed bananas, coconut milk, eggs and vanilla.
- Once fully combined, add in the flour and baking powder. Stir just to combine. Do not overmix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips-
- Pour the batter into prepared pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes or so, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Drizzle with honey if desired (I recommend it). Enjoy warm or at room temperature, though warm is unquestionably the best.
You can store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days afterwards.
YUM YUM!!! Happy weekend!!