Ready for a frosting made with good-for-you ingredients and zero sugar? Yet, it tastes like a typical creamy, rich, sweet frosting. Delicious. This could also be eaten as is, instead of used to top a cake. A makeshift chocolate pudding, if you will. Either way, totally yummy.
Here you go:
Dark Chocolate Avocado Frosting
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Add avocado to a food processor fitted with an S blade and blend until smooth. However, if you don’t have a food processor, its possible to mash by hand. This is what I did.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend again until smooth (or, if doing so by hand, mash together). You may need to stop and scrape the sides with a spatula a couple of times. (Add the maple syrup on top of the cocoa powder to keep the dust down.)
- Use immediately or store in fridge for up to 24 hours until ready to use.