Jam is just the best on so many things. Delicious on all manner of bread and cakes. Its especially tasty on chocolate desserts. This raspberry jam pairs perfectly with my chocolate zucchini cake/brownies. The best part of this jam? Its sugar-free, not like the store bought ones which are laden with it. This one is light, sweet and lovely.
- 2 cups raspberries (if using frozen raspberries, allow them to defrost first. I prefer fresh though)
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- Cook the raspberries in a saucepan over a medium heat. Mash as they begin to heat up. If they are not very juicy, you can add a spoonful or two of water to help them break down.
- When the raspberries have broken down to a saucy consistency, add in the honey and vanilla. Stir until combined. Remove from the heat and allow the mixture to cool a little before adding in the chia seeds.
- Transfer the jam to a jar and allow to cool completely. Once the jam has reached room temperature transfer it to the fridge for an hour to set.
- Store in an air tight jar in the fridge for up to one week.