An ultra bright, summery, healthy quinoa dish. Created by yours truly, for your tasting pleasure. This dish is gluten/grain free, dairy free and sugar free. Lots of good-for-your-body ingredients in here so get excited!
About 2 cups of Quinoa, already cooked (according to package instructions)
Salmon, already cooked (enough for two people) (of course, if you don’t like salmon, chicken breast, turkey breast or shrimp could be substituted).
1 bell pepper, in the color of your choice, chopped
1/2 of a red onion, sliced
1 medium sized sweet potato, cooked (pierce the potato all over its surface with a fork, then microwave for 4-5 minutes on medium heat. Once fork sinks into its skin, the potato is done. If it doesn’t sink in easily, microwave for a few more minutes).
Handful of spinach leaves
Handful of pomegranate seeds
1/4 cup of pinenuts
Drizzling of pesto sauce
This is a pretty easy one. You ready?
- Toss the sliced onions and chopped bell pepper into a frying pan with a spoonful of coconut oil. Cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the cooked quinoa into the frying pan, with the cooking onions and peppers. Stir well to distribute ingredients.
- With a fork, break off pieces of the cooked salmon filet and put those into the frying pan of quinoa mixture.
- Add in spinach and stir until everything is combined. Between adding in the quinoa, salmon and spinach, this should only take about a minute or two, to add in these three ingredients and stir everything together.
- Remove from heat.
- Portion into two separate bowls.
- Top with pesto sauce, a handful of pine nuts on each and some pomegranate seeds.
Enjoy!!! Absolutely yum!
Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to three days in an airtight container.