Want glowing, healthy skin? Have I got the thing for you. This one is especially fitting for the rapidly arriving summertime. This entrée is loaded with ingredients, all ideal for getting glowing skin. The dish is low in calories, chock full of veggies, quinoa which gives it a filling, grain-like taste (yet, its grain/gluten free) and is just an all around awesome bang-for-your-buck dinner in terms of health benefits.
This recipe is grain/gluten free, dairy free and sugar free. And aside from cooking the quinoa and salmon, its close to raw.
This recipe serves about two people.
(Here are the ingredients I used and love, but feel free to get creative with yours. Don’t like a particular vegetable I included? Leave it out and replace with one you do love!)
Salmon filet (baked. I drizzle mine in olive oil and pop in the oven on about 350 degrees F for roughly 20 minutes).
1 sweet potato, cooked
1 bell pepper (I recommend either red, yellow or orange), sliced into bite sized pieces
Quinoa (about 2 cups, cooked according to instructions on package)
Handful of spinach
About 1/2 a red onion, sliced
About 1/2 cup of mushrooms, sliced
Handful of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
A drizzle of pesto sauce
- I recommend getting the salmon in the oven and the quinoa cooking at the same time. Once the quinoa and salmon are both within about 6-8 minutes of being finished cooking, I recommend starting to cook the veggies.
- Cook the mushrooms in a frying pan on medium heat, using coconut oil or butter, your choice. Stir them occasionally. The mushrooms will take about 5 minutes. Once they reduce slightly in size, darken in color, and take on a slightly rubbery looking texture, toss the cherry tomatoes, onions and pepper into the pan with them.
- Cook the mixed vegetables for about 3 more minutes. Then remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, the salmon and quinoa should either be done or nearly so.
- Once everything is ready, spoon cooked quinoa into a bowl.
- Top with spinach, avocado chunks, the mushroom/tomato/pepper/onion mixture, cooked sweet potato, and finally, the cooked salmon filet.
- Drizzle some pesto on top.
- Enjoy!!! SO great for you. So delicious.