This sunny, light, grain free and dairy free dish is just the ticket for those wanting-to-look-leaner summer days ahead. Easy to make, filling, yet healthy and low in calories. All while tasting decadent and rich via the combination of egg yolk and pesto, so yum.
1-2 cups of Quinoa, already cooked (according to instructions on package) (I like to make extra and save it for another dish in the next couple days).
1/2 cup red onion, sliced
This recipe serves two people.
- Put about one cup of cooked quinoa into each bowl.
- Into each bowl, toss in a handful of cherry tomatoes, sliced onions and about half the avocado, cut into bite size pieces.
- Fry the eggs in a skillet on medium heat (make sure to lightly grease pan with something. Coconut oil, butter, PAM cooking spray, the choice is yours).
- Once the egg whites are solid, put two eggs into each bowl.
- To finish, top with a drizzle of pesto sauce on each finished bowl.
- Mix everything together, eat and ENJOY!
Deceptively simple and with few ingredients but majorly delivers on taste, eh?