Who loves brownies? If I were able to hear an answer to this through my laptop, I would assume a resounding yes would be the response (save for the few who don’t like chocolate). Now, how about brownies that are gluten free, dairy free, sugar free AND only require four ingredients? Yet, are still fudgy, delicious, rich and decadent. Impossible, many of you might be saying. Not quite. Get excited! Have I got the most awesome treat for you 😉
I topped these babies with my chocolate avocado frosting. Also super easy, creamy and sugar free. However no need for frosting. They are just as delicious plain. Its up to you!
2 medium sweet potatoes, cooked (about 1.5-2 cups worth of sweet potato) (To cook them quickly, pierce all over the potato’s surfaces with a fork. Then microwave for 5-6 minutes. Once fork goes into surface quite easily, they are done. If the fork is still difficult to push into the potato, microwave for a few more minutes until done).
1/2 cup of nut butter (I love sunflower butter, but could use almond butter, cashew butter, you name it).
1/2 cup of cocoa powder (+ one or two more tablespoons)
2-3 table spoons of honey or maple syrup
Optional: a handful of chocolate chips (if used, this adds a small amount of sugar to the dish. I like dairy free bittersweet chocolate chips).
- Scrap out the sweet potato insides, discarding the skins. Place into a bowl and mash well with a fork.
- Add in the nut butter and honey, stirring well until combined.
- Add in the cocoa power, mixing well until it looks akin to brownie batter.
- Toss in the handful of chocolate chips if you like.
- Spoon the batter into a lightly greased brownie pan. Cook at 350 degrees F/175 degrees C for about 20 minutes.
- Remove and let cool before topping with avocado frosting, if you choose to do so. Otherwise, they are just as yummy without it!
- After topping with frosting (or not), cut brownies, put into an airtight container and straight into the fridge.
These are best enjoy either: warm, fudgy and within 15-20 minutes out of the oven (tasting almost like one of those lava cakes), or after having been stored in the fridge and cooled for several hours.
Do not keep these at room temperature. They should be stored in the fridge.
These can be kept for 3-4 days. Enjoy!!