Get excited for this light, healthy summer dish. Loaded with ingredients to get your skin glowing, that are filling but light, and just totally tasty. I used noodles made with chick peas, so technically no grains/gluten in my “pasta.” Do the same for making this one even lighter and healthier. Normal pasta works just as great too though. Its up to you, depending on your dietary preferences!
This one will keep you lean and full of energy for those longer summer days (and lesser clothing temperatures ;-p).
1-2 cups of uncooked noodles (gluten free, noodles made with vegetables or regular pasta. Whichever you like). (1 cup for one person, 2 cups for two people).
1 zucchini, sliced and then halved (or, maybe just 1/2 the zucchini if serving one person).
A handful of cherry tomatoes
1/2 a red or white onion, sliced
Fistful of spinach
Sprinkling of pine nuts
- Cook the pasta according to instructions on package.
- Meanwhile, as the pasta is cooking, slice the zucchini into silver dollar shaped pieces and then halve these. Toss into a medium size frying pan and cook with some coconut oil (or, whatever cooking oil you like).
- Stir every minute or two. Cook until they take on a slightly yellower color (about 4-5 minutes). They will taste somewhat firm, though slightly softer. Don’t overcook though or they will taste soggy and gross.
- Once the zucchini are nearly done, add the cherry tomatoes, spinach and onions to the pan. Stir together cooking with zucchini for a minute or so.
- Once the pasta is finished, drain it.
- Turn off the heat on the frying pan with vegetables.
- Dump the cooked pasta into the frying pan with zucchini, tomatoes and onions.
- Scoop in a couple spoonful’s of pesto sauce. Stir until everything is evenly covered in pesto.
- Distribute the finished meal into either one or two bowls. Top each with a sprinkling of pine nuts.
- Enjoy while its warm and fresh. Delicious.