Ready for this one? A five ingredient entrée. Its grain-free, dairy-free and sugar-free. Super tasty. Filling. Light. The combo of different flavors and textures surprisingly awesome together.
So without further ado, the five ingredients are:
Quinoa (2 cups ish, cooked according to instructions on package)
5-6 strips of bacon, cooked (of course, if you don’t eat red meat this can be substituted for shrimp, tofu, chicken, salmon, you name it).
Spinach (a couple handfuls)
Sweet Potato (1 medium sized potato, cooked)
- Get the quinoa started.
- While the quinoa is cooking, pierce the sweet potato all over its surface with a fork. Cook in the microwave on medium-high for 5 minutes ish. When its done, a fork should easily pierce and sink into the surface. If its difficult to push the fork in, then cook for a minute or two longer in the microwave.
- Now get the bacon cooking. Yup, a lot of things going on simultaneously!
- Meanwhile, open the pomegranate and extract the seeds. (Cut it in half and get down to business. Really, the only way to learn how to do this is by doing it. Would be difficult to mess it up ;-)). Put the extracted seeds in a bowl. Throw away the outer shell.
- Once the sweet potato is done, place on a cutting board and cut into bite size pieces.
- Once the quinoa is done (takes about 20 minutes to cook), pour it into a medium/large bowl.
- Add in the sweet potato chunks, spinach, crumble or tear apart the cooked bacon and sprinkle that on top, and finally add on a few handfuls of pomegranate seeds. Mix so everything is well distributed.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container inside the fridge for 3-4 days. Reheat for 30-45 seconds in the microwave before eating leftovers.
This recipe serves 2-4 people, depending how hungry everyone is 😀