Happy weekend! You know what that means…pancake time! Here’s a spin on my latest recipe but with blueberries. Summertime means berry pickin and eatin. Plus lighter recipes. This one fits the bill on all accounts. Light, fluffy, lovely. Yet grain/gluten free, dairy free and sugar free. Yum, yum!
2 bananas, mashed with a fork
1-2 tablespoons of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of ginger
1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
3 tablespoons of honey
1 tablespoon of ghee (this is clarified butter) (regular butter is ok if you don’t have ghee)
2 heaping tablespoons of coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
Blueberries for topping
- Mix together the mashed bananas, eggs, cinnamon, baking soda, ginger, nutmeg, honey and ghee. Beat lightly by hand with a fork until ingredients are well combined.
- Stir in the coconut flour. Let the batter sit for 2-3 minutes to thicken.
- Lightly grease a frying pan with ghee. I recommend just two spoonful’s of batter per pancake. If they are too big, it makes it hard to flip them.
- Cook on one side for roughly 30-60 seconds.
- Flip. Then cook on the other side for roughly the same. Each side should have a light to medium brown coloring and look cooked, the surface solid.
- Once finished, the pancake will appear light, fluffy and no longer liquid.
- This recipe makes 6-7 pancakes.
- Top with a heap of fresh blueberries.
- I recommend finishing these off with maple syrup (because duh), plus coconut milk yogurt is awesome. You can top with whatever you wish though! Go wild. Sunflower butter, honey, more berries, etc.