Ready for a super easy, light, ultra healthy entrée recipe? And one that tastes awesome to boot? 😉 This one is grain/gluten free, dairy free and sugar free. Its filling and loaded with flavor. I have discovered Quinoa to be the perfect base for a plethora of fun, healthy dishes. So, without further ado, here is another one for ya 😉
Quinoa (1-2 cups, cooked according to instructions on package)
Red onion, sliced
- Cook the quinoa according to instructions on package. I like to make extra for leftovers (this can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge and reheated when needed). Its an easy, healthy and filling base for all manner of proteins and veggies to be tossed on top of.
- Meanwhile toss the sliced squash and zucchini into a frying pan on medium heat. Cook with a bit of coconut oil (or ghee, or cooking fat of your choice) for 3-4 minutes. Giving it a stir every so often.
- Add in the red onions and cherry tomatoes. Let them cook in with the squash and zucchini for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove vegetables from heat.
- Spoon cooked quinoa into a bowl. Top with vegetable mixture. Spoon on some pesto sauce. Stir everything together.
- Viola! Dinner is served. This would also be awesome with some shrimp, bacon or cooked salmon thrown on top. Entirely optional of course. Its also just as yummy as is.