Here’s a delicious, healthy ish frosting recipe. Ideal for cupcakes (especially on these moist, fudgy Paleo ones), cakes, you name it. I was stunned this is a mostly Paleo recipe. Yet it tastes creamy, sugary, thick, like a real deal version of chocolate frosting. Enjoy! This might become your new go-to 😉
About 1 cup of chocolate chips (I like Enjoy Life brand which are dairy and soy free)
1/4 cup of coconut milk (not the kind in a can. The kind you drink. Almond milk works too).
About 1/4 cup of coconut oil
About 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
Note: when I say “about,” this means get close to that amount. Give or take a bit wont make a huge difference.
- Melt all four of the ingredients above in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir regularly as they melt together.
- Once melted, remove from heat (Do not let the liquid start boiling. As soon as all melted together, its done).
- Put the saucepan with melted chocolate frosting in the fridge to cool. Leave in there for 30-45 minutes. Now, here is the important, integral part. Every 5-6 minutes, stir the frosting. This will keep it the right texture for spreading when the time comes.
- Frosting should be thick but still creamy and of a nice texture within 30-45 minutes or so. Essentially, you are letting it cool and stirring it periodically (every few minutes or so) until it becomes a good frosting texture. Just watch a TV series episode or surf the internet while you’re doing it.
- If you forget and let it sit too long, hence, the frosting becomes too hard? Put it over low heat again just until it softens a bit. Then put back in the fridge and stir every couple minutes again until its ready to go.
- Sounds complicated. It isn’t. Super easy, no big deal. I had to restrain myself from eating the frosting as is. Mouthwateringly delicious.
- Enjoy! I recommend this on the Paleo Chocolate Cupcakes I made the other night that were a rousing success 😀 Get excited for this tasty treat.