Long time, no post. I admit, this ones a bit of a cheat but a delicious one, nonetheless. Healthy, light in calories, while full of flavor and totally tasty. Easy to make on a weeknight after a long day of work and hits the spot just right.
This recipe serves two people. Its gluten/grain free, can be dairy free if you either omit the pesto or get a vegan version, and is of course sugar free.
Zoodles (for those living under a culinary rock, this is zucchini having been altered in a semblance of being shredded into shapes resembling noodles). (You can either buy these already cut into zoodles, or purchase a spiralizer and do it yourself).
One 3-4 ounce filet of Salmon, cooked.
Red onion, sliced.
Further optional and likely delectable add-ins: sundried tomatoes, sliced bell pepper (I recommend yellow, orange or red for this dish), garlic, mushrooms.
- Toss whatever veggies you settle on using (minus the spinach and zoodles) into a frying pan set to medium heat. Add in a bit of cooking oil (pumpkin seed oil could be yummy…potentially avocado oil, walnut oil, or coconut oil).
- Cook veggies for 2-3 minutes or so, stirring often.
- Add in the zoodles and spinach, stirring to combine all ingredients.
- Add the salmon into the pan in bite sized pieces. I use a fork to spear off chunks from the filet and dump them into the frying pan.
- Note: The zoodles cook quick, taking just 3-4 minutes or so themselves.
- About one minute before removing finished dish from heat, add in a couple spoonful’s of pesto and mix well.
- Remove from heat, cool for a few minutes, then separate food into two bowls and enjoy!