Oh man, are these things addicting. Lightly sweet, with a chewy texture, melt-in-your-mouth yumminess right here. These coconut macaroons can pass for Paleo, are grain/gluten free, dairy free, and free of refined sugar. They are easy to make. And they are damn good, so get excited 😀
1 egg white
2 cups of shredded coconut
1/2 almond milk (or any other non dairy milk you like)
1/4 cup of honey
1 heaping tablespoon of coconut flour
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the milk and honey to a saucepan over medium heat. Stir frequently until on the cusp of coming to a simmer (about 3-4 minutes ish).
- Add in the egg white, coconut flour and vanilla. Stir well to break up any lumps in flour.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour the shredded coconut into a medium size bowl.
- Stir the milk mixture into the shredded coconut, mixing well to distribute the mixture evenly over coconut.
- Form small tennis ball size lumps and place them onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Makes about 8-10 macaroons, depending on size.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes. The edges should be the lightest golden brown (as you can see in the picture).
- Remove from oven when finished. Drizzle with melted chocolate if you wish. I melted some dairy free chocolate chips (brand: Enjoy Life) in the microwave and then spooned it over the cookies surfaces.
- Allow to cool for about an hour. Then enjoy!
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for up to 4 days at room temperature.