Love carrot cake? And/or moist, fluffy, cinnamon-y cookies? These are your go-to sweet treats then. Gluten/grain free, without lactose, and no refined sugar, these are cookies you can feel good about eating, and enjoy to the fullest, zero guilt. The best part? They taste AWESOME and are a cinch to make. Ready in mere minutes. You can satisfy you craving for something sweet and cakey, while eating something you can feel great about chowing down on! Woo hoo!
Here’s how to make em, so you can start eating them 😉
1 1/4 cup of rolled oats (I use Gluten Free ones)
1/2 cup brown rice flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
2 tablespoons of cinnamon
A sprinkling of ground cloves
A sprinkling of ground ginger
1/2 cup of oil (maybe Olive Oil?)
2 eggs (or, flax eggs for vegans. Here is how to make flax eggs)
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
1/2 cup of maple syrup
1 cup grated carrots (I just use a cheese grater)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or, use a nonstick cookie sheet).
- Mix together the oats, brown rice flour, baking powder, and spices.
- With a fork, in a separate bowl whisk together the oil, vanilla, egg, and maple syrup.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stir together until well combined.
- Fold in the carrots.
- Place batter in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
- Then scoop the dough onto the baking sheet in 12 spoonful’s.
- Bake for 15 minutes or so.
- Allow to cool for 15-20 minutes at least. They enjoy. These, in my opinion, taste best at room temperature when cooled. Though of course, chow down on them whenever it suits your fancy!
Extra cookies can be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days or so.