This is the best breakfast ever. Ideal for summer, as its light in calories and light on the stomach (leaving you feeling satisfied but far from stuffed), though its great anytime. With no crust, its grain/gluten free, as well as sugar free. Additionally, its also lactose free. This quiche is super easy to toss together, and loaded with ingredients that boast awesome benefits for your body. Anti inflammatory, anti cancer, and skin glowing ingredients anyone? Here you go.
7 eggs, lightly beaten with a fork
1/2 cup of non dairy milk (I used almond, but you could use any type. Cashew, coconut, rice, etc)
4-5 ping pong ball sized beets, sliced
A handful of kale
Optional: some cooked pancetta or bacon
A bit of salt and a bit of pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix together the eggs and non dairy milk. Beat lightly with a fork for 15-20 seconds.
- Pour the eggs/milk mixture into a lightly greased glass pie plate.
- Sprinkle into the egg/milk mixture the beets, kale, and then top with a generous sprinkling of goat cheese.
- If you like, add the cooked bacon or pancetta on top now.
- Pop in the oven and cook for 20 minutes or so, until the top appears solid and the edges are the lightest golden color.
Enjoy warm! Though it still tastes excellent for the next couple days, reheated.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.