Love cookie dough? Though majorly bummed about all the flour, calories, sugar, and dairy its chock full of? Have no fear, Ive got ya covered. These bars are perfect to take as a healthy sweet treat to work or elsewhere. They take 5 minutes to throw together, are dairy free, sugar free, and grain/gluten free. Most importantly, they taste awesome. This is a dessert you can truly feel good about eating, no guilt included.
1/2 cup of coconut flour
1/2 cup of mashed banana
1/4 cup of almond or sunflower butter
1/4 cup of honey or maple syrup
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
A sprinkling of chocolate chips
(Note: I did not measure these ingredients to a T. This was the general, close enough amount of each that I used. Ultimately, the end result should resemble traditional cookie dough when its all mixed up and ready to go in the oven).
- Mash the bananas well with a fork.
- Stir in the nut butter so the two ingredients are well combined.
- Add in the honey or maple syrup, and the vanilla extract.
- Stir in the coconut flour. This is where you will evaluate the texture.
- Lastly, sprinkle in the chocolate chips. I like the brand Enjoy Life, which are vegan.
- Spread the batter into some sort of flat pan (I only take up about half the pan, as I wish for my bars to be thicker). Also, no fear about sampling a spoonful or two of the raw dough, as there are no eggs involved 😉 so you are good to go.
- Refrigerate for a couple hours. Then, cut into bar shapes, or whatever shape strikes your fancy.
Enjoy! These are best eaten cold, fresh from the fridge.
They keep well for about 2 days.
Yields 4-5 bars, depending on how you slice em!