Ready to get glowing and lean with this green, flavorful, light, satisfying and scrumptious soup? Its an easy one to make (throw everything in a pot, let it simmer for a bit, then emulsify and you are good to go). Its also gluten/grain free, lactose free, sugar free, paleo, and vegan.
How to whip up this wonderful dish…
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 white onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, or a generous sprinkling of garlic powder
1.5 teaspoon of cumin
About 2 cups of broccoli
A handful or two of chopped kale
A handful of two of spinach leaves
1 regular sized can of chicken stock
1 can of coconut milk
Pinch of coarse sea salt
Pinch of pepper
- Begin cooking the garlic, cumin, and onion with olive oil in a saucepan on medium heat. In 2-3 minutes, once onions are translucent, add the chicken stock, broccoli, kale, and spinach.
- Cook for 4 minutes or so (on medium heat, not high), until broccoli is tender (though not soft). Its fine if the vegetables are not all submerged in the liquid while cooking. Just make sure to stir a few times while it simmers.
- Add everything to a food processor and blend for 45 seconds to one minute. Until there are no significant pieces/chunks of vegetable remaining and it resembles a coarse soup texture.
- Pour back into sauce pan and heat for 2-3 more minutes. At this point, you can stir in some coconut milk. Just use the solid white top part in the can of coconut milk, not the clear liquid underneath.
- Enjoy warm! Super delish.
This soup stays fresh, kept in the fridge inside an airtight container, for up to 3 days.