Love oatmeal and/or peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies? You are in for a treat, my friend. These scrumptious snacks are gluten free, lactose free, and very low in sugar. They are also a piece of cake to make.
- 2/3 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup of nut butter, at room temperature (could go with almond, cashew, or peanut)
- 6 tablespoons packed light brown sugar (or, I used coconut sugar)
- Handful of chocolate chips (I used bittersweet)
- In a bowl, combine the oats, cinnamon, and baking soda. Stir, then set aside.
- In a different bowl, beat together (I used a fork) the egg, nut butter, and sugar.
- Dump the dry ingredients into the wet ones. Mix well, until everything is well distributed and mixed. This can take some time.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Bake at 350 degrees F for 9-11 minutes.
Allow to cool for 10 minutes or so.
These cookies stay fresh for 4-5 days, stored in an airtight container.