Ready for a brown sugary, moist, lightly sweet, delicious cake? And, one that is gluten free/grain free, lactose free, and not especially high in sugar? Here you go. This one is light and lovely. Perfect with a side of whipped cream and fresh fruit, or, just as delicious on its own.
3/4 cup of butter, softened
3/4 cup of coconut sugar
1/2 cup of non-dairy milk
1.5 tablespoon of vanilla
1.5 cup almond flour
1/2 cup of coconut flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a round cake pan.
- In a large bowl, beat with a fork the butter and coconut sugar until smooth.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time. Beat until blended before adding the next.
- Add milk and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- In a separate smaller bowl, combine the flours and baking powder.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ones until a creamy consistency.
- Pour batter into the pan and bake for about 30 minutes, until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve with whipped cream and fresh fruit. Or, if you like, a dusting of powdered sugar.
The cake will stay good for 3-4 days stored in an airtight container at room temperature.