Happy winter months. It’s the ideal time for all things 1. easy to whip up and 2. cozy and delicious. This quinoa bowl will do just the trick. It can be made in less than a half an hour, it tastes awesome, it’s grain-free, gluten-free, and sugar-free, with a small amount of dairy in the pesto (assuming you use regular pesto, which has cheese in it).
Make extra so you have a totally tasty lunch for work tomorrow too!
Note: this recipe is enough to serve one person. Double it for two people.
1 cup quinoa (follow the directions on a package for cooking this) (Quinoa is not a grain, it is actually a seed! And is thus, wheat and gluten-free).
Cherry or grape tomatoes
2 eggs, which you will cook sunny side up at the very end
Optional: a handful of chopped scallions
- Make the quinoa according to instructions on the package. This will take about 20 minutes. When the quinoa is nearly done, fry up those eggs.
- Once the quinoa is done, put a heaping handful of kale in a bowl. Then, top with quinoa.
- Sprinkle on a handful of cherry tomatoes.
- Add on a few spoonfuls of pesto (however much you like. I live for pesto, so I use a lot).
- And finally, top with those two fried eggs.
- Sprinkle with scallions if you wish, for a further anti-cancer boosting ingredient.