Do you love the taste of raw brownie batter? Or fudge? Or Crunch bars? If yes to any of the previous questions, then this dessert is for you. However unlike brownie batter, Crunch bars or fudge, all of which are loaded with sugar, calories and dairy, these are grain-free, dairy-free and sugar-free.
They also take just 5 minutes to make.
How bout that 😉
PS. Sometimes I just pour the chocolatey brownie-like batter onto the puffed quinoa and eat it like that straight out of the bowl. Tastes EXACTLY like brownie batter, but without all the bad-for-your-body ingredients. No guilt and major deliciousness.
5 tablespoons of coconut oil
About 1/2 cup of cocoa powder (maybe 1-2 tablespoons more if needed)
6 tablespoons of honey
2 heaping tablespoons of any nut butter (I recommend sunflower butter, but you can use almond butter, peanut butter, cashew butter, the list goes on. Your choice).
About 2 cups of popped/puffed quinoa (you can buy this in health food stores or on Amazon.com).
- Spoon the coconut oil, honey and nut butter into a saucepan. Gently heat for a minute or two, stirring until smooth and melted. As soon as ingredients have melted, remove from heat.
- Stir in the cocoa powder until all ingredients are a combined mixture.
- Pour the puffed quinoa into a separate bowl.
- Now pour the melted chocolatey “batter” onto the puffed quinoa. Stirring together until all quinoa is covered and coated in chocolate.
- Scoop the chocolate covered quinoa in heaping spoonful’s into the cupcake liners. Place in the fridge for about 15 minutes to set.
These can be stored for 4-5 days in the fridge in an airtight container.
They do melt a bit when in room temperature for longer than 15 minutes ish. So don’t remove from the fridge until just before eating them.