Happy Sunday, all! Have I got a sweet surprise in store for you. Fudgy, chocolatey goodness. Melt-in-your-mouth yumminess in the form of these chocolate avocado cookies. And yet, with zero grains, dairy or sugar. How is that possible, you ask? With these avocado cookies.
I was skeptical prior to giving them a try. Now, behold, a converted enthusiast.
Just 6 ingredients, mere minutes, and you have a plate full of chocolate cookies ready to enjoy!! The best part? Delicious eating, free of any health worries 😉
You know what else is super delish? My avocado chocolate frosting, which can also double as a pudding. Even easier to make than this recipe. Creamy, satisfying, silky and fudgy, all the while made with good for you ingredients (just avocado, honey, vanilla, coconut oil and cocoa powder).
About 1 cup of mashed avocado (very ripe but not brown)
1/2 cup of coconut sugar (you can substitute this with 1 mashed banana instead. If so, I recommend using an electric mixer or food processor for the recipe, as opposed to mashing by hand with a fork).
1/2 cup of cocoa powder
A handful of dark chocolate chips (I use bittersweet dairy free chips, but use whatever kind you like).
1 teaspoon of baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C/350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mash the avocados by hand using a fork. Then add in the coconut sugar and cocoa powder. Or if you prefer, toss the first three ingredients into a food processor or beat lightly in a bowl using an electric mixer. Your choice of method.
- Mix in the egg.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and baking soda.
- Using a spoon, place dollops of the cookie dough onto a baking sheet. Use as much dough per cookie as you would when making any other cookie recipe.
- Make sure to flatten them slightly, so they bake evenly.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Eyeing them in the oven, you will see they appear done. Their surfaces will look somewhat solid and shiny (see photo).
- Remove from oven. Let cool for 5-10 minutes. Then transfer to a Tupperware container.
- Store these cookies in the fridge until ready to eat.
They are best enjoyed cold, just out of the fridge. I recommend waiting to try one until after they have cooled for a few hours or even set overnight in the fridge.
They taste cool, creamy, fudgy and decadent. SO yum!
Feel free to use different add ins aside from chocolate chips, such as peanut butter chips, mint chips, cocoa nibs, dried cranberries, etc.